Thursday, March 01, 2007

D+D 3.5 is the Lingua Franca

There are many RPg systems available and D+D is not the best. It is a lot of fun, but I like several other systems, either because they are more realistic, more flexible, more cinematic, or more appropriate to a given setting.

When I run games at a convention, I am determined now to only run D+D (and yes, now I have given up most every artifact of 3.0 for 3.5). My reasons are simple: most people know how to play. It is easier to tell a story when the rules are known and don't get in the way of what I am trying to do.

I think I could run other stuff with friends, but it's D+D for strangers.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger GAME2P.COM said...

hi~ just wake by, you have a nice site, will come back soon

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger GAME2P.COM said...

hi~ i just wake by your site, nice site you have, keep the good work and i will back soon to see what new

 

Post a Comment

<< Home